Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jumbo Beaver

Let me set the scene for you.
It's midnight. Clint and I are exhausted. I have finished my custom order jumbo beaver and couldn't be happier with how he turned out. He towers over the regular Undie Beaver at a whopping 15" and he weighs 3 lbs. Enormous and handsome.

I've finally found a box that will fit this mammoth beast and I'm getting ready to ship this baby all the way to Canada. (That's right, I'm international now). But...wait! oh no!...I haven't even gotten any photos of this big boy to post on my bloggie. I need photographic evidence of this beaver otherwise he will turn into legend...like Sasquatch or a unicorn.

So I wrangle up Clint and ask him to hold Jumbo...just stand there and hold him. I know that these pictures will turn out crappy because there isn't a speck of natural light to speak of, but I have to have something to remember him by. So Clint begins to model.....and the following photographs are what transpired.....
Ridiculous, over-tired, attention-whore husband with jumbo beaver in bad lighting.

The first shot. Pretty normal. The only good one, I think.

Beaver tail. Giant button.

Clint's face is hilarious here. He's ridiculous.

I can't even keep the camera straight....I am cracking my ass up. Every photo is pretty much blurry after this.

Even better with a flash.

Oh, Clint.

Comparing beavers.


I don't even know at this point.


Clint wanted it to look like the Jumbo Beaver had just shown Lil' Beav a thing or two.

Two-headed.

In love.


Pure joy.

Today is our 3 year anniversary. Clint is an amazing husband and father and he cracks my shit up every day. This photo shoot shows why we are meant for each other...we are such dorks.

I couldn't be happier. xxoo

2 comments:

JNHK said...

I ♥ the undie beaver!

Kirsten said...

I like the tags under the last photo: clint, jumbo beaver...

Hilarity for some reason. Hope to bump into you and yours soon. I'll be out of town the day of the Shadow Art Fair. Maybe we need to have a dorky art night get-together sometime?