Monday, January 12, 2009

Lately...

Photos, my friends, for your viewing pleasure.

Some things I've been up to as of late.

More flower brooches for my Etsy shop. They have been selling really well lately so I figured it would be wise to post more colors. I am waiting on a shipment of more wool felt...colors that aren't available to me at an local fabric stores. I'm really excited...which may or may not be totally lame. For whatever reason, it seems that the UK has this totally rad selection of wool felt. What's that all about?
Newly redesigned Kissy Kissy brooches---just in time for Valentine's Day. These are fun and quick to make. The old ones were machine-stitched and the backs were glued on. I decided that hand stitching was called for to 'stay classy'. Clint has been wearing the original Kissy Kissy lips on his peacoat for about 2 years now. I made them when I was bored one night and surprisingly he started getting a lot of positive comments about them. So....I made more. It's cute...when someone asks where he got his pin...he says his wife made it for him. Lover.
Clint.....modeling.
That's right. A one-of-a-kind, handmade, hand stitched Yo Gabba Gabba hoodie. I made two for my twin nieces for Christmas gifts and had to make one for my daughter too. If you've ever seen the show (we watch it at least 4 times daily at my house) you know that the kids featured wear the sweetest shirts ever with the characters on them. This is inspired my those shirts. I'm thinking about getting some more hoodies and selling them on Etsy. I figure there are some Yo Gabba Gabba moms out there....
My daughter...watching Yo Gabba Gabba while wearing Yo Gabba Gabba. Fitting, isn't it?
Lastly...a new design for my brooches. Puffy and declaring what a sweet lover you are. I haven't perfected the design yet, but when I do, I'll list them in my shop.
I figure I'll do a couple others...we'll see.

I'm also waiting on a shipment of a few style of hair clips so I can start experimenting. Becca had suggested that I start putting my flowers on barrettes. Smart, isn't she? So, hopefully I can get some of those babies up soon.
I'm a busy bee.
xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

absolutely love the brobee hoodie. i just may need to order the little girls one.