Thursday, March 5, 2009

Optimism reigns supreme.

Okay okay. Disregard my last post. What a Debbie Downer I am! You know how it is....things just get to you, creativity stops for a second...and then you start wondering "Is this dream even possible?"
Hells yeah it is. So...onward!

Today is the very first "Peachy Things Thursday". I spend soooo much time browsing on this ol' internet and see so many wonderfully terrific goodies...and of course, I feel compelled to share.
Hooray!

This Thursday's theme is dedicated to my peachy and proper husband.


Hot Roddin'.
Frickin awesome.


33 Chevy Hot Rod Cuff Bracelet from Hi Octane Jewelry.

Seriously. How totally hot would this look on your little wrist?The detailing on this baby is nothing short of amazing. But what's more amazing is the back story on these guys. Brad and Alicia are raising their family in Cali....and are the kind of people Clint and I aspire to be. Living the Culture out in the sun....being artsy and badass. *swoon* Not to mention, they are able to do a custom design...so perhaps the '54 Ford could be immortalized on a bracelet of my own? Who knows~!
Visit Alicia's site and check out her other beautiful creations...can I say it again? I can: amazing.




64 Flavors of Hot Rods from Yellafish.

I'm wiping a little tear offa my cheek as I look at this. I have this ridiculous fascination for anything in straight lines....which explains my passion for crossword puzzles. Another interesting factoid about me is that the paint swatch section in any hardware store gets me all hot and bothered. I can't find any logic behind this. It just happens when I see rows and rows of glorious colors. So you can only imagine the state that this print has thrown me into.
I love this for it's pop art vibe and because it's based off of the artist's own original photograph. The color choices are excellent...unpredictable and vibrant but they all go so well together.
The artist, Robin Pope, has another website with mixed media sculptures and assemblage artwork. Definitely something to check out if you need to start collecting. Wowza~!



Wooden Hot Rod Retro Racer from My Friend Amy.

Okay...who's driving this thing anyways? This guy!! Argh! Why is he so darn cute!?
This may be more my daughter's style than for my husband...but I couldn't resist. It brings back so many cozy childhood memories...was I the only one who put all my "people" on my fingers and had them dance? I certainly hope not. Amy is a mom...and I gotta give all the craftin mommas some recognition. Amy cites her kids as a source of inspiration and that makes my heart feel all fuzzy. Maybe she's open to adopting a 27 year old redhead. Hmmm.

I want to collect all these little people and line them up on my windowsill so they can make me smile every day.


Til' next Thursday my loves.

xo

Aw. Clint's original photo of his own lil '54 dash. I had to give him props too. xxoo

No comments: